Friday, October 06, 2006

October 7

I am not a particularly enthusiastic fan of any sport. Well that isn’t exactly true, I do enjoy watching a rousing game of curling but that comes up only every four years during the Winter Olympics. I have difficulty following most sports and cannot seem to make it through an entire game without either falling asleep or randomly tossing things at the television set. I suppose I should just grit my teeth and do my best to get through an entire game but I find that difficult. Persevering through difficult tasks builds character or so I have been told. When I need to have that bit of wisdom illustrated for me I always pull out my handy copy of the Georgia Tech yearbook for 1916 and find myself freshly inspired to put my shoulder to the wheel and soldier on through whatever it is that I find troublesome; I suggest that you do the same. You are of course free to choose another source of inspiration but whatever you choose to do I strongly caution you that under no circumstance should you browse through Tennessee’s Cumberland University’s year book for 1916. On the 7th of October, in 1916, Georgia Tech played a game of football with Cumberland University as its adversary. I am puzzled as to why nobody attending the game broke out the rifles and simply shot everyone on the field because the final score of this contest between the champions of those two colleges was 222-0, with the victory going to Georgia Tech

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google