Thursday, November 08, 2007

November 9

The elections are still a long way off but I am already tired of them and wish they were out of the way so I could relax for a while. I’m tired of all the annoying sound bites and repulsive advertisements. At times, the entire political process makes it difficult for me to find anything good about current events. However, being an optimist, I can generally manage to find something that makes things seem to be something other than terribly dismal. For instance, consider this: On the 9th in 1888, Jack the Ripper killed Mary Jane Kelly. Now, don’t get me wrong, I do not mean to imply that Miss Kelly’s death was a good thing because that was a truly awful thing for Jack to have done. However, what makes the murder a good thing is that Mary Jane was Jack’s last victim. More properly, she was the Ripper’s last known victim; and that is a very good thing indeed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google