Saturday, November 24, 2007

November 24

I have begun carrying calling cards, as I am certain many other people have. I find that it saves a great deal of time and avoids the problems that arise when my handwriting is difficult to read. It also gives information to salespeople when they are preparing a bill of sale or adding me to a mailing list. The information my calling cards contain is rather basic: my name, address, telephone number, email, website and a cool image of a manual typewriter. Even though he died on the 24th in 1468, I would like to see Jean de Dunois’s card. Jean de Dunois was Lord of Valbonais, Count of Mortain, Viscount of Saint-Sauveur, Count of Périgord, Count of Dunois, and Count of Longueville. What size font would he have had to use to fit all that on a card measuring 2” by 3”?

de Dunois accompanied Joan of Arc when the French forces were relieved at the siege of Orléans in 1429.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google