Monday, April 30, 2007

May 1

Happily, it is only on very rare occasions that I find myself carousing in the surprisingly exotic world of entomology. In those moments when I do find myself there, it is even rarer that I consider my time among the little, rather creepy, buggers that invariably inhabit that shockingly small and consistently dismal world worthwhile or anything other than uncomfortably bizarre. There are, however, instances when I find myself pleasantly surprised to discover some little treat which makes me grateful that an inadvertent step has led me there. For instance; on the 1st of May in 1830, the first cricket match was held in the United States. I must confess that I had absolutely no idea that the cousins of both the grasshoppers and the katydids had such an interest in athletics.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google