Saturday, March 31, 2007

March 31

Bstan-'dzin Rgya-mtsho, perhaps better known as Tenzin Gyatso, the 14th Dalai Lama, on the 31st in 1959, crossed the border between Tibet and India where he sought and received political asylum from the Indian government. Once safely in ensconced in his new home, Gyatso established the Tibetan government in exile, thus ending a journey which began when he was 3 years old at which time the 13th Dalai Lama declared little Tenzin his tulku (reincarnation). Considering the Dalai Lama’s age ( he was born July 6, 1935) when I find out the schedule of interviews for the position of 15th Dalai Lama and where they are being held I will be certain to let you know. While the job description includes having to shave one’s head and the wearing of robes of a color that clashes with my apartment’s color scheme, then again most colors pose that problem for me. I would however, be willing to take a fashion risk to get this position. The benefits that go with the job are extremely attractive, making the position one to definitely take a shot at. There is no mandatory retirement age that I am aware of and I am reasonably certain that there is no Tibetan equivalent of ‘Do you want fries with that?’

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google