Saturday, November 25, 2006

November 26

The 26th in 1862 was a watershed day for Charles Dodgson. He was a writer perhaps better known as Lewis Carroll. It was on that day that he submitted his handwritten manuscript of Alice's Adventures Underground to a publisher. As you should know, the book was accepted and became wildly popular. It is still in print today. I thoroughly enjoyed reading the book, both the original and annotated versions. It has been some time since I read it however and there are parts of the delightful book that I simply do not recall. If you are more familiar with the book than I am, I would greatly appreciate your taking a moment and sending me an email telling me just what it was that the dormouse said. While 'logic and proportion may have fallen sloppy dead', I am reasonably certain that the dormouse did not say ‘Feed your head’ as the Jefferson Airplane insists it did. Additionally I would also like to know if the White Knight was really 'talking backwards'.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google