Wednesday, September 13, 2006

September 14

There is an entry in a well-known and widely used online encyclopedia that states that typewriter ribbon was patented on the 14th in 1886. I have been unable to verify this information at any other source. Generally, when I encounter the problem of not being able to confirm a fact at a variety of sources I take a pass on the entry and eliminate it from consideration for inclusion here. There is however, a link associated with this particular entry that is just too good to pass up. I suggest that you visit http://www.bostontypewriterorchestra.com and make use of the audio files available there. While the date that typewriter ribbon was patented is in doubt, there is absolutely no doubt that you will be impressed with the application of typewriters to the music of several composers. Trust me it is worth the trip.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google